Thursday, May 10, 2012

Jennifer Holliday on Jessica Sanchez's Rendition of "And I Am Telling You": "Wish Jessica was my daughter!"

Jennifer Holliday on Jessica Sanchez's Rendition of "And I Am Telling You": Wish Jessica was my daughter!"


Jennifer Holliday, the original singer of "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" praises Jessica Sanchez on her soulful rendition of the said song in American Idol.

Holliday, who originally played "Effie" in the hit Broadway musical "Dreamgirls" and earned a Grammy award for "And I Am Telling You" expressed her admiration to Jessica via her personal Twitter account on Thursday.

Wish Jessica was my daughter!..When I was 16 I also sang like Jessica does, they used to tell me that I had an "Old Soul"!:) She was AMAZING!"

Holliday also said while watching Jessica performed and later encouraged her fans and friends to vote for her "little soul angel."

Jessica's rendition of the song earned her her fourth standing ovation in the competition from judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.

0 comments:

Post a Comment