Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Just spotted: Chris Moyles leaving Radio 1 following announcement hes leaving

Just-spotted-Chris-Moyles-leaving-Radio-1-following-announcement-hes-leaving

After announcing a short time ago that he’s quitting the breakfast show in just two months time, Chris Moyles left the studio today amid a media scrum.

Chris, who is the longest serving breakfast show DJ, will be replaced by Harry Styles’ best mate Nick Grimshaw (who we also spotted arriving).

Here’s his four minute heartfelt (ish) speech: "We're going to leave the breakfast show … I'm just going to give a heads up that we are going to wrap it up,

"It's almost time to go, we're off. A couple more months of us and then it's someone else's turn to have a go, so thanks for listening and I hope you stay with us until the end because I promise it's going to be brilliant.

"I don't do things by halves, my tongue is always buried deep in my cheek so thank you for listening. I've had the best time of my life."

He added: "A weird thing about doing this job is almost since day one there has been speculation over how long it would last,

"There have been rumours bosses wanted me out, front-page news stories saying I am going to be fired before the end of the year, printed whispers of my successor and when they would take over.

“Throughout all of it the one thing that has remained constant is me and the team coming to work every day, doing the show, making the audience laugh and the bosses at Radio 1 were happy. So I find myself at a time when no one is looking my way, it is all quiet, there aren't any rumours about me getting fired."

So far Chris is lined up to play Herod in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical Jesus Christ Superstar, which starts in September (yeah we can’t quite get our heads around it either). After that? Who knows, probs Radio 2 because that’s where everyone else seems to go.

Meanwhile, it seems his successor Nick is already going down well with the public and his celeb mates (of which there are a fair few).

Lily Cooper (Allen) tweeted: “@grimmers AMAZING !!!!!!! So proud of you.” While Pixie Geldof wrote: “Im Currently the most proud person in life @grimmers ‪#R1‬ I loveeeeeee”

So what do you think? Are you happy with Chris Moyles’ replacement?

0 comments:

Post a Comment